Monday, September 2, 2013

Reaching Out

I came across this quote by President Hinckley tonight while reading a book I have, "One Bright Shining Hope."

"Reach out to help one another. All of us need help from time to time. We need encouragement. We need friends who will stand by us through thick and thin. I ask each of you to be that kind of friend."

I love this! I could not go through this life on my own. I am so grateful for the people in my life who lend helping hands. Especially at harder times in my life, I am so grateful for my family and friends who do so much for me. Whether you live around the corner or across the country I am blessed by all you do for me! I have felt all the prayers in our behalf at this time, and the love I feel from those in my life is so powerful. 

I truly believe that the Lord at times sends specific people into our lives at the perfect time to help us through something. I have a friend that has been that person for me through the past few weeks. She knows very little about me, yet she has been the first to offer to take Brynlee, to bring me remedies for sickness, to be a listening ear, to hug me when I cry, and to spread her contagious happiness for life. 

I am so grateful that the Lord is so mindful of us, and knows exactly what we need in times of trial- even before we know the trial is coming. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to be strengthened through tribulation. And he doesn't want us to feel alone. I hope every single one of my family and friends knows that at one time or another, you have been the friend that the Lord has sent me to help me. I feel so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment