As I was catching up with this blog I got a brainstorm session going. I have a few things that I have been wanting to do and other treats I've been wanting to make. Summer is just around the corner and what better time to have some fun projects than summer? Free from the likes of school and I will actually have some time to sit around and relax. So here is the list I have compiled. Please feel free to add ideas to my list! But remember, a college student is on a tight buget:)1. Learn to can different things. Peaches, pears, jam, etc. My mom has been doing this since I can remember, and I want to learn to do it so that my kids someday might be able to enjoy the sweet taste of homemade jam.
2. Find a pattern for a fun everyday bag. Of course, make the bag!
3. Learn/re-learn basic sewing skills. Mom isn't going to be there all my life to fix wardbrobe malfunctions. I want to learn to hem, sew all buttons, and patch up pants.
4. I have always wanted to make a cute skirt! Hopefully it'll end up cute...
5. Learn to play the organ. I have wondered how the organ works compared to the piano. Heaven forbid I'll actually get called to play in church, but it would be fun to learn!
6. Make my own homemade pie with the homemade pie crust. You know, one of those pies that the crust is in a weaved pattern on top? Wish me luck!
7. I have been tempted to take a flower arrangement class at BYU, but due to lack of room in my schedule, and the cost of the class, unfortunately I don't think it'll happen. It would still be fun to make a flower arrangement for the apartment. Spice things up a little!
8. At Robert's Arts and Crafts they have those photographs that spell words out of letters. That was obvious ha ha. You know, where someone takes pictures of objects that look like letters, and then they arrange the pictures to spell a word such as: "FAITH", "HOPE", "LOVE"? I have decided that since the ones to buy are expensive and not as personal as it would be if I did it myself, I am going to buckle down and finally do it! Any word suggestions?
9. As I read praiseworthy's blog I found a recipe for tri-color cupcakes. These would be fun for birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers, or just for a fun treat! Quick and Easy! Check it out!http://lovelypraiseworthy.blogspot.com/2010/02/tri-color-cupcakes.html
So here I am about to embark on a new adventure of trying new things! A little of this and that!