Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day! AKA 24th of July

The other day while I was at work my supervisor, Lindsey, asked if I knew any fun activities that we could do at our weekly staff meeting for Pioneer day. I didn't have many suggestions but we ended up making gingerbread wagons! haha, has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Surprisingly it was a success, and so much fun! I think I enjoyed it more than Gingerbread houses at Christmas time... all you people with kids should try it! I would have to say that my wagon turned out the best... we were in groups of 2 and this was our final product: We used donuts for the wheels, licorice for the wagon top, covered in a napkin, gummy bears as the pioneers (a little out of proportion to the wagon), and marshmallow and black licorice oxen. Creative eh? The oxen were my contribution...
I was quite pleased with the outcome... so... HAPPY PIONEER DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment