Friday, September 17, 2010

Tender Mercy

So I just had to publicly thank my two angels that saved me this week. On Monday evening I had a class that was literally at the complete and utter opposite end of campus from my apartment. It's usually about a 20 walk to get there, if you're going fast, but that day it was at least a 30 min. walk for me b/c of my knee injury.
As I was sitting in class I got a massive stabbing pain in my stomach area. It progressively got worse to the point where I was hunched over in my seat, couldn't sit up straight, and occasionally it felt as though someone were taking a knife and stabbing my. I would literally jolt b/c it was so excruciating. I text a friend who I thought would be able to pick me up, but no luck. I tried to call someone on the walk home to take my mind off of it, but no luck. I only got to the crosswalk outside of my class bldg. when someone honked at me. Kaitlin and Jordan. I waved and forced a smile as I walked on. Jordan then yelled at me and asked if I wanted a ride. I was overjoyed with relief and gratitude. My two little angels had no idea the situation I was in or the tiny prayer I had said that I wouldn't be in pain and walk all the way home. I don't know if they knew of the sacrifice it was or how much it meant to me, but it was a tender mercy in my life. I am so grateful for tender mercies and for those who take the time to listen to promptings or kind thoughts. Thanks Kaitlin and Jordan! I sure love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment