Saturday, July 27, 2013

Together Since 2011

I am in love with this picture! As fun and silly as it is, it has also been inspirational to me. In the world we live in today, marriage is not viewed to be as sacred as it once was. People think they can get out of it whenever they are unhappy or things aren't coated with sugar just like they wanted. Many couples are deciding to forego marriage and simply live together with a mutual agreement that they will be faithful. What kind of a life is that?

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families and a commitment and covenant that lasts for eternity. I will never forget my wedding day and our sealing ceremony. As I looked at Rob I knew there was no one else I want to spend my life with, and eternity. He is my best friend, my confidant, my partner in crime, the father of my children, and the only person in the world that I confide in and tell everything to.

I know I'm not perfect, and I don't always treat him as he should be treated- especially on those rollercoaster emotional days, but he is so patient with me, and loves me more and more every day. It's easy to let the sparks and twitterpation feelings we had when we were dating die down, but the love I feel for him is deeper than I ever knew it could be. So in 50 years, I know you'll see us walking down the street, holding hands, wearing shirts that say, "Together Since 2011", and we will be more in love than we ever  were.

1 comment: